Our swim team welcomes anyone interested to attend two weeks of pre-season practice in order to determine if they would like to join the team for the rest of the season. Miriam was delighted to be a part of something and attended every practice with enthusiasm. After 4 practices she progressed to the point in this video and that is where she still remains a week later. She is so proud of herself because, as she says, "I can swim by myself!" It seems that since the wall is not a person, it doesn't really count as helping. We're trying to convince her that there really is more to learn, but in the meantime she is happy to swim the perimeter of the pool by "herself"!
We're posting this video as a reference point. It will be fun to look back at the end of the summer and see how far she has come. You'll get the idea after the first 20 seconds. No need to watch all the way to the end unless you want to see Miriam unknowingly splash a bug out of the pool which then scurries along the wall next to her.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How could I NOT watch the whole thing. I laughed for the entire 1 1/2 minutes... which is maybe more than I've laughed the rest of the day.
She's working hard though and obviously has the basics down, so I'm sure once she believes in her own skills she'll be swimming strong without the wall.
Post a Comment