This post is for those of you out there concerned about our welfare, and for those of us trapped inside a house all day with little else to do. First, let me say that shoveling 2 feet of snow off of a driveway, sidewalk, road, and car is harder than it looks in these pictures. Thus, on day 1 of shoveling I recruited a 9 month pregnant wife to help, and she did (Yes, she's amazing!). On the second day of shoveling (after a day of rest), I recruited Bruce Springsteen and shared him with the neighborhood. Miriam gave me an award for my hard work.

As you can see, two feet of snow shovel leads to four foot embankments, which leads to your children playing on top of the lamppost.

And when sliding down from the the top of the lamppost gets boring, then you have to recruit Dad to help you build...
Note that construction of the snow fort was often delayed by ever escalating attacks from bad guys, but while the construction in a war zone is hazardous, I must say that I was fed well (a steady diet of snow rolls, snow soup, and snow ice cream).
Apparently, someone doesn't think this record setting snow is enough because forecasts have predicted 10-20 inches (and lots of wind) for Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. In related news, Tammy has felt some tightening in her stomach today, though she swears its not contractions...yet.
4 comments:
Your fort is almost enough to make me want to leave sunny, green, warm, orange-season, no coats Cairo for VA - I've always wanted to make one!
One of the best forts I have ever seen! When I can get to my back yard, maybe we'll build one, too!
What a wonderful storm!
Cute! You've got mini-Antarctic photos!
I hope the weather and your birth day work together for the common good, Tam. I've heard of women all over the East coast having to call ambulances when they're snowed in and needing to give birth. Then again... what a story. Speaking from experience, ambulances are pretty cool.
Post a Comment