As a theme for Eliza's party and cake, we chose one of Eliza's favorite books, "Caps for Sale" by Esphyr Slobodkina. It's a 1938 classic.

Those of you familiar with the story of the peddler who has his caps stolen by a bunch of monkeys...

...will hopefully also recognize our attempt at recreating a scene from the book in chocolate, cake, frosting, and other edible delights.
This lead to some Caps for Sale themed party games, such as 'See How Many Caps (Beanbags) You Can Balance On Your Head' and 'Try To Steal the Cap (Beanbag) Off the Sleeping Peddler'. Not captured on video is some 'Monkey See, Monkey Do' dancing (to the Monkees, of course).
This party actually happened last week, so we could celebrate while Alvin's parents were in town.
4 comments:
Love the cake!
Wow! I'm very impressed and I have to echo Carey... that's an awesome cake.
Oh the cuteness! Love that book! That Eliza is just too precious! I'd be happy for an arranged marriage in the future :)
Tammy, great job! I love that you themed the party after a great book! And your cake was awesome!
Post a Comment