Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Announcements, Announcements, Announcements!

After reading that title, you should be singing a boys'/girls' camp song. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry, you didn't miss much.

Anyway, on Sunday we sent Miriam on a scavenger hunt around the house where she gathered word strips that would tell her a surprise. After she had all the words, we helped her read the sentence.




For almost a year, Miriam has been repeatedly asking when we will have another baby in our family. Since she has no concept of time or how these things actually work, I finally told her we wouldn't have a baby until Henry was 3 (July 2010). This answer seemed to pacify her somewhat and she didn't ask quite as often. We were excited to finally be able to share the good news with her, and it's an added bonus that the baby will be here when Henry is still 2! The due date is Feb 17, 2010.

14 comments:

Katz said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. The look on Miriam's face was priceless.

Jake and Roz said...

congrats on the little one on-the-way!

Mycket said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic news!

Mycket said...

PS - I really hope you don't pick the name based on the different acronyms your initials can make.

Winters Wonderland said...

ya-hoo!! Congratulations :)

(I was totally singing the camp song in my head)

Carolyn said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I loved watching the video and seeing Miriam's eyes gradually get brighter and brighter as she figured it out.

Sharon said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you! We love you and miss you and continue to enjoy your blog!! We hopefully will see you and your baby in 2010!

Patti said...

The date is fabulous! Two of my favorite people were married that day. Oh, that's right, it's me and Harry John! Huzzah!

Kel said...

I loved Miriam's, "Already?" :)

Tiffany W. said...

Yippee! Congrats three times over!

Drewmeister said...

Congratulations! Alvin--it was good to see you at JSM

Smith Family said...

Hey there, Tammy! Kelly found me on facebook and now I found your blog through hers! And I also just got back in touch with Ann-Marie! Yay! Look at your cute cute family! Congratulations on the pregnancy! I'm due with my second on Feb. 18th! So fun! I can't wait to read all about you and your adorable family! Our blog is bandksmith.blogspot.com

Birding is Fun! said...

Sweet! Feb 17th is my wife Jessica's B-day. Felicidades!

kathynutt said...

Yahoo! That's awesome! Checked your blogspot when I saw you as 'friends and family' on Kate and Eric's blogspot. Great timing for your news!